"He must become greater; I must become less." John 3:30

Welcome friends to my blog dedicated to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Please become a follower by clicking on the link below my profile and feel free to add comments. I'd love to hear what you think. Blessings on your day!!


Thursday, August 2, 2012

Where Does the Time Go?

  Where does the time go?  This was one of those phrases that always seemed odd to me when I was younger.  It seems when you are young that time seems to stretch out in front of you with enormity.  Days drag as you wait for that moment to open Christmas or birthday presents.  Minutes seem like hours when you are sitting in your least favorite class.  Then there is that time when summer vacation seems as close as crossing the Mojave Desert!  But then something seems to happen as you get older.  Of course there are some of those days, now, when time seems to just stand still.  However, I find this phrase slipping out of my own mouth more often as I get older.  For example, my goal this summer was to try to write an entry for this blog at least once a week.  But today when I logged in I couldn't believe it!  My last entry was in June!  I wanted to meet a goal of writing here every week.  Just where did July go?  
  
  Fortunately, my month has been filled with some amazing things.  My family got to spend some time viewing God's handiwork in northern Minnesota and along the shore of Lake Superior.  There were moments of laughter and silliness along with a few moments of "I've been in this car much too long with you!" It was a much needed vacation and one that was thoroughly enjoyed! 

 Another wonderful thing I participated in was Vacation Bible School  at our church.  I am always amazed by the way God's word can be presented to children in such inventive ways.  It reminds me of the words in Isaiah.  "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return from me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. We may not always see the results of our work that week but the seeds have been sown.

Another change we have had at our house was the addition of our oldest daughter living with us again. It has been a time of change and adjustment for all of us but it also has been a precious time of good conversations!  I also love the fact that she is an excellent cook and I enjoy eating what she prepares!  I am reminded that God's plan is not always our plan but his plan is for the best!

  Last but not least God answered a prayer that I have had since last December.  The day I made my decision to resign my previous teaching position I stepped out in faith trusting that God would supply our needs with a job that was for this season of my life.  On July 31st I was offered a job as a para-educator in the local school system.  This job will allow me to work with students still but without the stress and work of a regular classroom teacher.  I will have time for my blog throughout the year but also have plans to start the book God has been encouraging me to write for the past two years.  Over these past months I have continually returned to these words. “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?  So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6:25-34)  God knows exactly what we need when we need it!!

  So in answer to the question, "Where does the time go?" I would say the answer is wrapped up in the millions of tiny details that God sees and is a part of.  We may not always stop and think about what they are or how they are carried out but he is there every step of the way! 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment